One of the best post yoga meals is the açaí bowl, a Brazilian dish made of frozen and mashed açaí palm fruit from the Amazonian region. As one of the only fruits in the world with zero naturally occurring sugars, açaí also contains healthy omega fats, antioxidants, and fiber. You can add anything and everything imaginable to it so get creative (think goji berries, hemp seeds, nuts, flaxseeds, bee pollen, ginger…) and please share your favorite combination! Below is my favorite Açaí bowl right now.
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 pouch of Sambazon Frozen Organic Unsweetened Acai Puree
- 1 frozen banana
- OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon of Moringa, Wheatgrass or Spirulina powder
- 1 avocado instead of the banana
- 1/4 cup yogurt or coconut water instead of almond milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- unsweetened cacao nibs
- berries/fruit (raspberries are amazing with the cacao)
- Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal
- OPTIONAL: drizzle with almond or peanut butter
- Place all puree ingredients in a blender on high until blended to a sorbet consistency.
- Immediately scoop into a bowl and pile on the toppings. ENJOY!