Lakshmi is the Hindu goddess of abundance and prosperity. When worshipped in a temple, she is depicted with four hands, holding a lotus, a conch, a pot of nectar and a fruit respective in each. The fruit that she holds represents the results of our labors or actions, which comes from her blessings. When such fruit is a coconut, it indicates that she is the source of the three levels of creation, namely the gross, subtle, and the imperceptible. On this auspicious day of the August Leo New Moon and Total Solar Eclipse, this simple ritual will create a powerful intention to implore more love in our lives and universe. Moon blessings.
- 1 cup (8 oz) water
- 1 Organic India Tulsi Sweet Rose tea bag
- 1/4 cup Silk coconut milk (the vanilla flavor is an especially nice treat)
- Boil the water then add to the tea bag in a cup. Steep covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and add coconut milk.
- Sip slowly while chanting Om Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha