With the summer solstice upon us, now is the time of year we begin eating more locally grown vegetables from our weekly farmer’s markets. Along with eating more veggies, I focus on consuming them raw and over the last three years my repertoire of raw food recipes have grown substantially. This is an easy one to try if you have never even considered raw foods and it’s super tasty. Bon appetit!
- 2 dates
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu (I’ve also used wheat-free Tamari or Bragg’s Amino Acids)
- 1/4 cup sesame seed oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients except the broccoli and sesame seeds in a blender and puree.
- Combine the broccoli and sesame seeds together in a bowl and stir. Pour the puree over the broccoli and toss. #noms