Last weekend I had the opportunity to participate in a wonderful workshop called Renew & Restore: A Conscious Cleanse that included bodycare, yoga and nutrition. Jessica Yoches of Earthly Eating Nutrition shared with us so many invaluable bits of information like the fact asparagus assists our body with detoxification as it contains the highest amount of glutathione than any other food. In the workbook everyone went home with, there were some delicious recipes including this insanely easy and delicious one I modified slightly per my taste. Enjoy!
- 5 cups chopped asparagus
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- black pepper to taste
- Place the asparagus, onion, and garlic in a saucepan. Add 2 cups of water, cover and bring to a simmer. Steam the asparagus for 5-7 minutes until tender and then remove from heat.
- Drain off any excess water and transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and warm to the desired temperature on a medium-low setting. Makes 2-4 servings.