I recently went to a food potluck where we all shared our favorite healthy foods and recipes. I came home inspired to make raw food variations of traditional recipes. You will find this in my fridge regularly as most prepared hummus are made with canned chickpeas, which are stripped of vitamins and acidic in nature. Carrots can be substituted in lieu of zucchini for a slightly sweeter taste. I love to spread this on a romaine lettuce leaf topped with a slice of avocado and eat it like a roll-up, though you can get creative and add other veggies. Enjoy!
- 2 cups zucchini, diced = about 3 zucchini
- be sure to leave the skin on as it contains most of the nutrients!
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- In a food processor fitted with s-blade, process all ingredients until smooth.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.